Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Step-By-Step Wednesday - Green Team 14-21


Green Team 14-21
Little Monsters
This week the Cuttin' and Stampin' Design Team made projects with Paper Smooches
Space Cadets stamps and Be Different Paper from Fancy Pants. 
You can find these products in the Cuttin' and Stampin' Scrappy Supply Store.





With the end of the school year drawing ever closer, trying to keep my kids interested in reading during the summer is always on my radar.  These stamps are so cute and kid friendly that I thought fun bookmarks may just do the trick!


These were super fun to make and the kids were both begging me to let them make more!  The two on the right are mine....the rest are made by my two children (ages 10 and 7).

To start I did a quick Pinterest search for a template.  Found one, but modified it just a bit to make the measurements even.

Start with a square that measures 5" x 5".  I used cardboard to keep the template more intact during the tracing process.


Next score it at 2 1/2".


Now comes the tricky part.....you need to cut out one square and 1/2 of two more.  I used my ruler to get a straight line.



Trace your template onto the base of your bookmark......I used white, just to make it simple.


Cut it out and either score and fold, or just eye-ball it and fold in the flaps.  Use a bone folder to get a stiff crease.  if you would like patterned paper on the inside, now is the time to cut and adhere that.  To cut the square, I measured just a tad shy of the 2 1/2".  


Fold in the flaps.  Only put glue on the bottom side of the top flap.  You don't want your "pocket" glued together and then it won't slip onto your page.  Next you can glue another piece of patterned paper onto the triangle at the top or decorate it anyway you choose.


Then I started decorating!  


I used stickles and pop dots, my kids just colored theirs with crayons.  I hope this keeps them interested in their books through the summer.....school will be starting again before you know it!

Give it a try, they are easy and turn out really cute!!  Great for gifts to exchange with their friends in class too!  I see more of these in my future! 

Go HERE to enter your Little Monster projects.

Until next time!

Jenni =D

2 comments:

  1. Like the bookmark idea. Great way to get your children involved & interested in reading. I'll have to give it a try. My daughter loves to read. She graduated from college this mth. She phoned me today to ask if I knew that there was a new Dreisden File book. I use to get the emails from Barnes & Noble when a new book was released that she liked & I had bought previous in series but did not know about this one. She bought the book & texted me that she liked the story so far. She will probably have it all read today which is the speed she reads & comprehends at also.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete