Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pocket Thursday - Graduation


 



 Pocket Page Thursday

Graduation Day

Hello Everyone.   Not so long ago I was at a crop with a friend and we started talking about her son graduating from high school this year.  I just so happen to be trying to think of what to do for this pocket post and paper and decided that I was going to create this layout and give it to her.  So I started asking about Senior pictures of her son.   She was at a complete loss as to what I was asking for.  She had no idea that many schools do a special session of pictures for senior.  

So I asked for just some pictures of her son that I could use and she handed me a couple of his senior prom pictures.  

So this is what I was able to design using Doodlebugs The Graduate paper line and the Paper Smooches Seeing Stars stamp set.  



So I have this idea that I could create some pockets to hold a few of the things that Seniors collect.  The first being the extra name cards that kids swap after all the invitations are sent out.  I used the tabs from the Frills sticker sheet to label the pockets.



The pockets are the perfect size for a mini-deploma that is offered in many of the graduation kits from Jostens.  

In the top corner I cut out some of the books in the paper and used it as corner holders for the picture.  In the bottom corner, I stamped some stars, backed them with black paper and only adhered the two corners.  So a picture can be slipped in and out.  


Down the center of the other page, I put boxes that will allow for Journling or wallet size pictures of friends.  The flag and books were off the sticker sheet.  I added 2014 in tiny gold foil numbers.



 The glittery cap and GRAD are leftover cupcake toppers from years ago. 


Here's a full view of the second layout.  The two fill in cards are from the Simply Put Album Inserts and then I created two larger photo mats.  


Thanks for check out our great Graduation Inspirations.  The products used in today's featured creations can be purchased in the Cuttin' and Stampin' Scrappy Supplies store.  
You can go to the Challenge blog site to enter your own creations. 


3 comments: