Thursday, December 26, 2013

Using Left Overs - Thursday.

#51
Challenge: Anything goes using your Left Overs

December 24th - 30th, 2013



All of our design team projects are using the Left Overs or scrap bins in our craftrooms.  We all have that pile of paper we just can't through away, because we can use it again later for a square of this or that.  

So my left overs were used to create a couple of last minute Christmas cards.  I'm sure we all have those people that stop by with a gift and leave you standing there with nothing to give back in return.  We always have a couple packages of chocolates wrapped and under the tree, just in case.  But I created a couple of extra cards to place on the packages to make them look, not so forgotten".  

Quite a few years back I was in a craft fair and I built a lot of Christmas cards for sale.  In the process of building, I purchased a 500 count package of red cardstock thinking I would use the majority of it.  Man was I wrong.  I've been using the same red card stock for 4 years and I still have a ton of it.  I also have a good amount of Kraft cardstock.  I use it for mini albums and there's always pieces left over laying around.  

So I took some inspiration from Kristina Werner and her Christmas Card Series. and this is what I created.  

I embossed the kraft cardstock and then rubbed a Unicorn White ink pad over the top.  I used the Paper Smooches Joyful Greetings for the sentiment and some hemp for the bow.  I used my Uni-ball Signo white gel pen to draw the dash lines around the greeting.    I will admit that I needed to do a little more prep work on the red card stock to reduce the static.  I thought I had it rubbed down pretty well, but there was a lot of what embossing flakes hanging on.

So let's see what you can create by using what's leftover in your scrap box. 

Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'

Thanks for playing along we will be announcing the winners on January 3, 2014.

Please link your projects HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment