Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Window Cards



 
Hello Everyone,

Today's card was to be a window card for My Cricut Craft Room.  After I created this card, I kind of think that I missed the mark. 

I was trying to create a pool.  I kept thinking "Come On In, the Water's Fine." 

I had extra paper from when I created my Galaxy Card.  I used some different color blue inks and very textured sponges to create the background paper and then sprayed some glimmer mist over the top to give it some sparkle. 

My card is a 4.25 x 5.5.  I used A Muse Studio card stock in Papaya.  I love using this card stock because it has the color on the outside and white on the inside. 

 
  I cut the frame from the Art Philosophy cartridge (Combo button) just smaller than the card base and used some yellow ink to color the outside of the frame and then the inside was inked with the light blue ink.  I wanted it to look like the water was splashing up on the side of the Pool.
 
I used the Cricut Craft Room Exclusive Classroom - June& July to cut the sun.  I used the Creative Memories Traveler cartridge for the flip-flops and Life's a Beach for the umbrella.  I wanted it to look like the sun was sparkling off of things so I added a yellow tinted glitter to the umbrella.
 
 
I happen to be at a crop while crating this card and purchased the traveler cartridge while I was there. 
 
For more ideas on window cards, stop by Eric's Blog, My Cricut Craft Room
 

3 comments:

  1. I think its a very cute card. I love the flip flops!!

    Angie MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have am having a hard time posting today, hope this works.lol I love your card, it is fun and I love the inside too. The cartridge looks like a fun one as well...another one to add to my ever growing list.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCR DY sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me wish the Summer was a little longer! So adorable!!! Love the "pool."

    ReplyDelete