Friday, August 23, 2013

Challenge #33 - Friday

#33
Challenge:   Monochromatic 
August 20 - 26th, 2013

Hello Everyone. Tammy here from Life - Up, Down and Sideways.  I was really excited for this weeks challenge.  I love creating monochromatic cards.  What was even better about this card is that I used some items that I haven't seen or used in I don't know how long.  I must confess that that my craft room is a complete disaster and that I've been trying very hard to rearrange and organize it.    So my morning routine is to go walk on my treadmill for 30 minutes and sort paper for 15 minutes before I start getting ready for work.  On this particular morning, I started sorting paper first and never made it to the treadmill.  (I think the treadmill needs to find a better place than my craft room).

I actually purchased this Hero Arts Thank You background stamp recently and it was sitting on my table waiting to be put away and I started sorting all my 12 x 12 paper and ran across this sheet of teal card stock.  I bet it's 6 or 7 years old and not the best quality stuff I've ever used.  (Yes, paper sorting stopped and I started to play).

So I stamped the background stamp with Pistachio ink on the teal and then on some cream.  Looked much better on the cream.  Then I went to cut the cream to the right size and messed up.  Smacking myself in the head I took an idea from one of Jennifer McGuire's card classes and just cut the cream piece in two and faked it.  


Then I found this discontinued Stampin' Up Flight of the Butterfly stamp set that I purchased and have only used one other time.  I stamped everything with versamark ink and used Hero Arts white embossing powder.  I fussy cut out the butterflies and popped them up with foam tape. 


Not to bad for a card that took less than 15 minutes to build.  I was pretty pleased with it. 

So now it's your turn to give the challenge a try and enter your creations.  We look forward to seeing them.  For more fun and excitement hit the SHOP tab at the top of the page and see or Weekly Deal.  There will be a new featured deal each week.

Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'

Thanks for playing along we will be announcing the winners on August 30, 2013.

You can link your project Here


0 comments:

Post a Comment