Saturday, January 12, 2013

Weekly Challenge #1 Saturday


Weekly Challenge #1 Tuesday, January 8th thru January 14th.

Use Twine and Straws in your creation.


Hello this is Teresa R from Fresh and Renewed.  I am so excited to share my twine and straw creation with you today. Have you ever had a thought in your head and weren't sure if you could actually execute it or not? Well, that is exactly what happened with this creation. So my idea came out very similar to what I had in my head. I am extremely pleased with how it came out.

close up of the center

I used a luncheon sized paper plate a cut a circle out of the dark grey solid paper. Then I began gluing straws in an alternating pattern; grey, pink...around in a circle like spokes. I then used a heart shaped doily as the middle to cover up my boo-boos...they were not quite even! Then I cut this cute cupid from Sweethearts Cricut cartridge at about 4.5." I layered it with the various A Muse studio papers. Then I used another A Muse studio pattern paper to cut a larger circle for a background. I also cut the word love to glue as a sentiment across the bottom straws. I took the A Muse twine both the pink and the grey and wove them in and out the straws to just add another layer. Then, I hot glued some ribbon ( I had some pink froo-froo ribbon that fit perfectly) to the back as my hanger. This is going to serve as my Valentine wreath to hang on my front door.

Go to to Cuttin and Stampin Challenges for a complete list of rules and to enter your creation. You can go Here for more information on A Muse studio products.

1 comments: