Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Weekly Challenge #51 - Tuesday

#51
Challenge: Anything goes using your Leftovers
December 24th - 30th, 2013

'Tis the season of leftovers, am I right?  Leftover stuffing, leftover turkey, leftover everything, it seems!  This year, I made my very first post-Thanksgiving turkey casserole.  I'm pretty excited by how it turned out.  I used two different recipes and used what I liked from each one.  We had some of the fresh sage & thyme leftover from making the gravy also, so I was able to add those to the casserole, too.

In addition to saving food leftovers, I save a lot of crafty leftovers.  Even things that started out as food containers or junk mail are crafty leftovers for me.  I've used chipboard from cereal boxes, plastic from product lids, etc.  I've got a project to show you made from recent paper leftovers.
  
                      
The three adorable patterns I used were actually Christmas paper from the Bazzill Basics "Nordic Pines" collection, and the two solids are from Bazzill Basics, too.  I think I might keep working on this card and add some leftover ribbon and leftover buttons, too.
   
So here's your challenge: create something made from leftovers.   Anything goes, so it could be leftover fabric, leftover paper, leftover embellishments... whatever you find. 
  
Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'
  
We will be announcing the winners on January 3, 2014.  Thanks for playing along!
  
Please link your projects HERE.

1 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable.
    What a fun idea for a challenge.
    And boy oh boy do I have leftovers. lol.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete