Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mixed Media Day Green Team 14-9


March 4-March 10
Weekly Challenge - Butterflies
This week we are creating with BUTTERFLIES over at Cuttin' and Stampin'.  Michele from Stuff By Belle here and for me butterflies mean spring even though I tend to use them all year long on every type of project.  :)
We are using Teresa Collins Daily Stories collection  and Paper Smooches Flap Happy, both of which you can find at the Cuttin' and Stampin' facebook store.

I am sharing a small spring basket I made with a cut from my Cameo.


I inked all the edges of the basket pieces before I wove it together to create some contrast, painted some chipboard butterflies (from the Teresa Collins Daily Stories collection) with distress paint in spun sugar and picket fences that were also dolled up with perfect pearls and I used my I-top to create brads with paper from the collection as well.


I also used a Tim Holtz die to cut the flowers, yep! using the Daily Stories, that I attached to the basket.


The little decorative tag and the body of the basket are both stamped using distress paint and a little butterfly from the Flap Happy Paper Smooches stamp set.

You still have a couple of days to get your project using butterflies linked up on our challenge blog.  I can't wait to see what you create!

Until next time...get inky often!



3 comments:

  1. Like how you used the inks on the basket & the woven look to it.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Cuttin' & Stampin' DT Orange Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is so cute. Longing for Spring even more now! Gonna have to make myself one of those!

    ReplyDelete