Monday, February 3, 2014

Mixed Media Monday 2-3-14


This week, I'm featuring a mixed media card using some of the products from the Teresa Collins You Are My Happy collection.  When I started this project, I had a vague idea what I wanted to do.  This turned out absolutely nothing like what was in my head......and I LOVE it!  That, my friends, is the fun of mixed media.  It doesn't have to be thought out.  It can just flow....


Here's a close-up of a couple of the elements.  I used my NEW Wink of Stella glitter brush pen on those flowers.  They are so beautiful and shimmery.  This pen is SO easy to use and the shimmery goodness is fabulous.  You NEED one of these pens....and lucky you, you can get them at Cuttin' and Stampin' for a great price.




The recipe for this card includes
Teresa Collins You are My Happy Paper, washi tape, sticker and embellishments
UmWow Studio Miniature Heart Polaroid Chip
Unity Stamp Company Lovely Little Wings Stamp
Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Brushed Pewter
Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Victorian Velvet and Dried Marigold
Tim Holtz Layering Stencils
Copic Pen (R02)
Wink of Stella glitter pen (clear)
Ranger Glossy Accents
Ranger Distress Crackle Paint

Craftily yours,

Karen


3 comments:

  1. Awesome mixed media piece, Karen! It sounds like you had fun making it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool card! Karen...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,
    Great card! I need to try my hand at more mixed media cards!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete