Saturday, June 22, 2013

Challenge Week #24-Saturday

#24
Challenge:   Case It
June 18 - 24, 2013


Happy Saturday, friends!   Kim here from Card-E-ology with the last Case It challenge card.

Many people think of CASE as Copy And Share Everything or Copy And Steal Everything.  My take on it is a bit different.  I prefer "Copy And Selectively Edit".  You don't have to copy everything... just borrow the good stuff.  Add your very own flair, tweak it and make it suit your needs!

Here's the card I found on Pinterest that I'll CASE today:



It's adorable!  But I need a card for my nephew who's turning seven, so I'm going to need something a little more grown up.  I think that some bolder colors (less pastel blue) and less bow would help fit the bill.   Here's my take on it:



My card features the "Mac" line from Bazzill Basics patterned paper, journaling card, and border sticker along with Bazzill dotted green cardstock and white pre-cut number (colored grey with Memento ink, as shown below, to match the sentiment).  The balloon is cut out using an Accucut die, and then I balloon string is drawn with a very thin Copic marker.  The sentiment is from the Paper Smooches "Sentiment Sampler" set.

 
Create your own Case It Project and enter in this week's challenge HERE
Please make sure your blog links back to Cuttin' and Stampin'. 

1 comments:

  1. Great job on your take! I love the pattern papers and the robot is awesome!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete